Rapido are delighted to announce that they’re making a ‘OO’ gauge model of the Highland Railway’s famous ‘Jones Goods’ 4-6-0!
Although they’re often called ‘Jones Goods’ after Highland Chief Engineer David Jones, it was his Chief Draughtsman, David Anderson Hendrie, who proposed that the railway could benefit from the 4-6-0 wheel arrangement that was becoming common in other countries.
Rapido will be producing six versions:
- 914001: No. 103, HR yellow (1960s condition)
- 914002: No. 106, HR light green (1890s condition)
- 914003: No. 113, HR Drummond green
- 914004: No. 17920, LMS unlined black (early)
- 914005: No. 17924, LMS lined black
- 914006: No. 17917, LMS unlined black (late)
DC/Silent RRP is £219.95; DCC Sound RRP is £319.95. The order book opens on Feb 25th at 12pm. An email will be sent for you to fill in and return to pre-order your loco through Enwins, with no charge until the item is in stock.